We strongly believe that family and community companionship with autistic individuals is crucial but is not sufficient and the realization of all needs requires governmental support. So one of our main jobs is negotiating with different organizations and authorities. State welfare organization of Iran, Iran’s Special Education Organization, Ministry of Health and Medical Education, Ministry of Legislation, Judicial system, Ministry of Interior, the Armed Forces, police, parliament, City and municipal Council, insurance sections, etc., are some organizations that are considered in this way.
• Obtaining a national license, under the name of the “Iran Autism Association”
• Holding the first national conference on autism
• Obtaining official permission from the Ministry of Culture and Guidance to publish the first specialized quarterly autism called “The Voice of Autism”
• Implementation of health check plan for children with autism for the first time in Iran
• Implementation of the pilot project of early medical interventions, in cooperation with the Ministry of Health and Medical Education for the first time
• Development of a national autism program in cooperation with the Ministry of Health, Treatment and Medical Education, Welfare Organization and Exceptional Education Organization
• Obtaining the license of the first comprehensive center for developmental disorders and autism spectrum from the Deputy Minister of Health, Treatment and Medical Education
• Defining Autism as incurable and especial disease
• Exemption from military service for young boys with autism in cooperation with the department of military affairs.
• Launching a comprehensive system for missing persons with autism in cooperation with police.
• Implementation of the second stage of health check plan for 120 children under the age of 12